It’s Friday which means I get to share two design team challenge cards with you! yeah! This card was done for The Friday Mashup Challenge and this week is super fun and fantastic and there should be NO reason for you not to play along! Here is this week’s challenge:
- Create a summer themed project.
- Create a project using polka dots.
- Or “Mash it Up” and make a summer themed project using polka dots!
I wanted to play around with my brayer with this card and use the Summer Splash stamp set from the Occaisons Mini Catalogue. I wasn’t sure how I was going to incorporate the polka dots but in the end I figured it out. Once the card was complete, it totally looked like one of those retro postcards to me!
The base of this card is Confetti White (a great sturdy white base alternative to Whisper White). The larger central panel is Marina Mist which I faux stitched using my paper piercer and mat pack and Not Quite Navy marker. Next is a panel of Not Quite Navy and then a Whisper White layer on which I brayered various layers.
- So first I punched out a 1 3/4″ circle with a post it note and put it on the Whisper White layer. I then cut a wavy strip which would serve as the horizon between the water and the sky. I then brayered over the sky with Pool Party and Baja Breeze and sponged the edges with Not Quite Navy.
- Next is the water. I kept the sun mask on and took the reverse piece of the water mask and added the sand mask so all I had was the strip of water exposed. I then brayered that with Marina Mist and added little “crests” of white.
- After the water was done, I left all the masks on (but took the sun cirle off). I then added the negative of the sun so only the sun piece was exposed. I then sponged with Daffodil Delight and some Pumpkin Pie. Almost done!
- Lastly is the sand. I laid over the reverse of the sand mask and sponged with Crumb Cake and Sahara Sand with a little smattering of Soft Suede at the end.
I embossed the imaged from Summer Splash using Real Red craft ink and clear embossing powder, cut them out and added them with dimensionals.
Because it looked so much like a postcard to me, I added a little postage stamp which was stamped with A to Z in Not Quite Navy and sponged with Soft Suede to age it. I then added a sentiment from On the Grow and a big Real Red button from the Brights buttons tied with Baker’s Twine.
The polka dots? Yeah, I got them in there too! I used Daffodil Delight cardstock and various circles to add a bit of polka dots to the background.
Not it’s your turn! Head on over to the Friday Mashup and play along!
Products used on this project – CLICK HERE to buy them NOW!
Cardstock: Confetti White, Daffodil Delight, Marina Mist, Not Quite Navy.
Ink: Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Pool Party, Baja Breeze, Not Quite Navy, Sahara Sand, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Marina Mist, Real Red Craft.
Stamps: On the Grow, Summer Splash, A to Z.
Accessories: Brayer, 1 3/4″ circle punch, clear embossing powder, heat tool, paper piercer, mat pack, Stampin’ Sponges, Postage Stamp Punch, Brights Buttons, Baker’s Twine, various circle punches, White Gel Pen.