Every month, I have a Mom & Me club that meets on the first Sunday of the month. This is a super fun group with kids ranging from 6-10 years with their moms. We make a few great projects and have such a blast.
This month, we focussed on Christmas with everyone making a cute little bag, a card and this extra special project which was my little gift to them for the holidays (only the kids made this, not the parents too).
Each child was given a red t-shirt and creative license! Above is my daughter modeling her project. Here is how we made them:
- Decide what you want your t-shirt to say.
- Cut out the letters using the Big Shot and Simple Alphabet dies out of bulk Decor Element sheets – it doesn’t matter the colour.
- Affix the Decor Elements to your t-shirt. You want to rub these really well so there are no corners up and away from the shirt.
- Put a piece of cardboard into the shirt and spray over the Decor elements with spray bleach. I used an old Stampin’ Mist bottle and made it half water and half bleach. Spray from about 12″ away.
- You can block off your images (like Avery did above) or you can just spray and see what you get.
- Next, peel the Decor Element letters off and see what you have left.
- Put into the dryer for about 15 minutes and VOILA!
Once I get my son’s shirt done, I’ll post it for you, I’ve got some great plans for him!
Thanks so much and have a great day!
Products used on this project – CLICK HERE to buy them NOW!
Big Shot, Simple Alphabet Sizzix Die, Bulk Chocolate Chip Decor Element Sheets.