It’s Day THREE! and the last day of the Core’ dinations Caard Hop.
For my last card, I went all bling-bling. I looked at the White Wash card stock and thought it looked very much like denim so why not play on that and make a denim pocket card?
I cut my card base to a pocket shape and went to town with my sanding blocks to give a worn in feel. This card stock is great for sanding!
You know how jeans these days have great designs on the back pockets? That is what I’m trying to duplicate here. I started with some rub ons in a great pattern. I then paper pierced a bunch of holes and added silver brads (or studs) in various positions around the design. I then paper pierced along the outer edges and did a bit of faux stitching my black marker. Here is a little closer up look:
The sides were stuck together using Sticky Strip so they will NOT come apart.
For the inside, I made a tag using the opposite side of the White Wash card stock so you see the darker blue. I punched a 1 3/4″ circle and adhered it over the tag piece and attached a bit of ribbon. A rub on “hello” was added overlapping the circle.
So, now it’s time to HOP! Check out all my fellow Caardvark DT members blogs and don’t forget to leave comments!
Thanks for stopping by! Now, here is what you need to do next:
- “Follow” or subscribe to Caardvarks as well as MY blog (via Feedburner, look to the left!) and Core’dinations’ blog and subscribe to their newsletter
- Visit each DT member’s blog and leave a comment on the Blog Hop posts, each day
- Return to Caardvarks to comment you’ve completed the hop each day
- You will then be entered in a drawing to win a Super Assortment Package of Core’dinations product (retail value $68.00)
- One prize package given away for each day on the Caardvarks Blog
- One lucky winner will receive an assortment of Core’dinations card stock from me in addition to all my Caard Hop Caards!
Here is a blog order with links so you know where to head off to next!
Products used on this project – Core’dinations White Wash card stock, Rub Ons (SU), Silver brads (SU), paper piercer (SU), mat pack (SU), black marker (SU), 5/8″ black grosgrain (SU), 1 3/4″ circle punch (SU)