It’s DAY 2! Yeah!
Today’s card was inspired by a new drink I’ve discovered – the triple citrus mojito. I just love these in the summer!
I started with a piece of Core’dinations White Wash cardstock with a yellow inside. I punched along the bottom with my eyelet border punch so you could see the yellow along the bottom.
I added a strip of rich green cardstock from the Roy. G. Biv colour pack and then embossed the lemon/lime/orange image from Tart and Tangy with white embossing powder onto corresponding citrus colours. You see, these drinks are made with lemon, lime and orange!
In the end, I’m super happy with the centre punch outs but they didn’t start that way. I had initially paper pierced through each centre and was going to add a brad or a button or a knot of ribbon. Then, I didn’t like it. So, I decided to punch out the centres with my 1/4″ circle punch and I just loved the extra dimension that was achieved by doing that.
I threw in a little ribbon for good measure and a “good time” rub on from a retired SU rub on set.
Up close, there is so much texture and dimension on the card, not as much as you can tell from the photo.
So, now it’s time to HOP! Check out all my fellow Caardvark DT members blogs and don’t forget to leave comments!
Thanks for stopping by! Now, here is what you need to do next:
- “Follow” or subscribe to Caardvarks as well as MY blog (via Feedburner, look to the left!) and Core’dinations’ blog and subscribe to their newsletter
- Visit each DT member’s blog and leave a comment on the Blog Hop posts, each day
- Return to Caardvarks to comment you’ve completed the hop each day
- You will then be entered in a drawing to win a Super Assortment Package of Core’dinations product (retail value $68.00)
- One prize package given away for each day on the Caardvarks Blog
- One lucky winner will receive an assortment of Core’dinations card stock from me in addition to all my Caard Hop Caards!
Here is a blog order with links so you know where to head off to next!
Products used on this project – Core’dinations White Wash cardstock, Roy. G. Biv Core’dinations card stock, white EP (SU), Tart & Tangy Stamp set (SU), 1 3/8″ circle punch (SU), pumpkin ribbon (SU), rub on (SU), eyelet border punch (SU)