This card is yet another project for the Caardvarks challenge using acetate sheets and the sketch provided on the site. Make sure you get on over there to try your own project out, there are prizes to be had!
The base is a frosted acetate sheet and I layered it with some Basic Black cardstock which I scalloped one edge. I layered it with some Really Rust cardstock and a piece of Whisper White that I’d stamped with Fifth Avenue Florals in Old Olive, Really Rust, Ruby Red and More Mustard. I also sponged each and every layer of this card to add to the depth.
Over those layers, an Old Olive layer was added with a few brads and a 3/4″ circle punch out to show the ribbon tie.
The sentiment is from Hope Happens and is stamped in Basic Black with a flower in More Mustard in behind. I love doing this with my words, stamping something in behind them, it gives them life, I think.
Lastly, that acetate and tissue flower. Here is how I did it:
- First, stamp your image on a window/acetate sheet in StazOn (so the ink won’t smudge).
- Flip the acetate over and work on the backside (not directly on the stamped image).
- Cover with Crystal Effects – make sure the entire image is covered, not so much the edges.
- Use coordinating reinkers and drop random colours into the Crystal Effects.
- Press in some tissue paper, enough to cover the image, and let it dry. This take a long time!
- Cut and adhere to your project!
I used the same colours of reinker as I did on the stamped layer, Old Olive, More Mustard, Really Rust and Ruby Red.
Thanks for stopping by today!